Bilety
Kasa czynna czw-sob 13:00-19:00 oraz godzinę przed każdym koncertem. Zachęcamy do zakupu biletów online.

Venues

 

 

 

 

 

The Old Town Hall

The building of this once main landmark in the city is one of the most magnificent gothic objects in metropolitan areas in Europe. Its current form is the result of architectural transformations over many centuries. It was created at the end of the 14th century, during the peak period in the city’s development. Its functionality was also unique, combining commercial, administrative, and judicial functions. Today the object belongs to the District Museum and holds in its interiors collections of Gothic art, craftwork, portraits of Polish kings, a gallery of Polish painting, Toruń coins, and extremely valuable treasures of Skrwilno and Nieszawa.


The Burghers’ Hall

The Burghers’ Hall took its name from the collection of portraits and coats of arms of Toruń’s citizens. It was the most important room of the Town Hall and on several occasions hosted royals, envoys and other important personalities. It was here that the Prussian councils gathered, as did, on three occasions, the Polish Sejm. In this room, power was passed over to Poles in 1920. These days, it still serves as a representative hall, which hosts meetings, conferences and concerts.


The Artus Court

The present building of the Artus Court, one of the most representative of Toruń’s Old Town, was constructed in the years 1889-1891 by Rudolf Schmidt in place of three other buildings. The original Artus Court from 1386 was the central point of social life for the richest townsmen. It was here that the Second Peace of Toruń was signed. The original building was demolished in 1802 due to its poor technical condition, and replaced in 1829 with a new, two-storey object intended as a theatre stage. It also used to be a part of the Nicolaus Copernicus University and the student club Od Nowa. Today the building still plays an essential role in the cultural and social life of the city. It is now the seat of the Artus Court Cultural Centre.


CKK Jordanki

The multi-purpose concert and conference hall, the newest in Toruń, was built in 2013-2015. Officially opened on 12 December 2015, it became the new seat of the Toruń Symphony Orchestra. In 2008, out of 22 projects submitted to the international competition for a Concert Hall in Toruń, the concept by the Spanish architect Fernando Menis, the founder of the practice Menis Arquitectos SLP, was selected. The Culture and Congress Centre consists of four modules, which contain a concert hall with 882 seats, a Chamber Hall with 287 seats, conference rooms, a café, offices, and a two-storey underground car park with 185 parking spaces.


The Cathedral of St John the Baptist and St John the Evangelist

The Gothic cathedral was shaped in the course of construction work lasting for almost 200 years until the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. Since the Middle Ages it has been the most important of all churches in Toruń, the pivotal point of religious life in the town. In the mid-16th century the church was taken over by the Lutherans and later on, for nearly 20 years, it was shared by the Catholics and Protestants. From the late 16th until the second half of the 18th century it belonged to the Jesuits. In 1992 it became the cathedral of the diocese of Toruń established by Pope John Paul II.


Cinema Centre

Kino Centrum is a cinema that operates at the Centre of Contemporary Art in Toruń. It is the last of the arthouse cinemas in the city and the only that operates in the film society formula. The curators of the cinema are Piotr Waśniewski and Radosław Osiński. The cinema is a base for the Film Art Centre, wchich not only presents film screenings but also promotes film culture: it organizes discussions, meetings, educational activities, workshops, concerts of live film music, and events related to exhibitions displayed at the Centre.


St. Mary’s Church

The post-Franciscan Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Polish: Kościół Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Marii Panny or in short: Kościół Mariacki), erected in the second half of the 14th century, is one of the most outstanding artistic and architectural achievements of sacral architecture in Poland. In the 14th century it was the highest hall church in Central Europe with the naves and aisles 26.8 metre (88 feet) high. The church provided inspiration for the extension of St. Johns’ Church in Toruń and St. Mary’s Church in Gdańsk in the 15th century. According to the Franciscan rule, the church does not have a tower but three rather small ave-bell towers instead. The church and the cloister remained in Franciscan hands up to the Reformation period, i.e. up to 1559.
The cloister, which was the oldest and most significant in the whole of the Teutonic state, was the residence of the Prussian custos. Here during the synod of 1243 a papal bull was announced dividing the Teutonic state into four dioceses.
(www.visittorun.pl)